Sunday 28 June 2015

Awesome Of The Week | Sisterly nights out.

FYI none of these are my sister!
Last night I was supposed to be going to the cinema with two of my friends but when one of them flaked in the afternoon we didn't go (meaning still no Jurassic Park for me, I'm very sad about this).
I mentioned this in passing to my older sister just as she was going out the door in her glad rags to meet a work colleague for a meal out.

Whilst eating their dinner both my sister and her friend decided they wanted to move on to somewhere with drinks and dancing! My sister then text me saying I was more than welcome to join them as I had now been left with bugger all to do on a Friday night.
At first I was unsure - buses had stopped as I live in the arse end of nowhere so they stop at about 8pm and also taxis are fairly expensive. I decided to message both the guys I would have been seeing the film with to ask if they wanted to join me for some drinks etc.
Toby, who was the friend still intending to go to the cinema, replied and wanted to come along but as he had things to do in the morning would drive and not stay too late. Win for me as that way I wouldn't need a taxi - woo hoo.

So he came and picked me up we headed to the pub where we were meeting up with the girls to find they weren't there.....
Turns out they'd bumped into my sisters friends on the way and got caught up chatting and also noticing her ex was out and it was the first time she'd seen him since they broke up. Just so you know he's a massive douche bag.

Once they found us and we had some drinks we obviously hit the dance floor and the tunes were being blasted my friend. They had everything from a live band playing Jungle Book songs and Bruno Mars and then once they left stage we enjoyed a bit of MJ, Beyonce and Grease medleys. Basically everything I would want on a night out!

Toby had to leave at about midnight and the ex made it a tad awkward by being weird but all the friends he was with were lovely. They danced and chatted and the whole night was amazing.

I don't know if it's just me but I always find that spontaneous plans always seem to end up being the best. Perhaps it's because any that you organise and think about too much have way too much pressure and expectations surrounding them and it inevitably doesn't live up to them

We stayed out until 2 and oh my did we crack out the moves. So spending time with my sister is awesome, which I knew anyway but it's always nice to share!

x

Bonus picture for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment