Monday 20 October 2014

The Best Crumpets Ever.

 A cold Sunday afternoon left me looking for something warm and filling to eat and thus I discovered the best crumpets to ever grace humanity.

Most people will agree that crumpets are delicious in any form you choose to have them but this happened to be so enjoyable I wanted to share it.

First off instead of shoving them in a toaster try cooking them on a grill, they get much crisper on the outside and also the topping melts into a gooey puddle of loveliness.

I grill the crumpets for a short while plain and then as they heat I take them out, slather on marmite (optional if you don't approve of the shiny black condiment.) and top with grated cheese. Dribble on a helping of Lea and Perrins Worcester Sauce and back on the grill they go.

Leave until the cheese is liquid and golden brown then hey presto you have a quick snack that is so comforting the only suitable accompaniment is a cup of tea and a pair of slippers.

You're welcome.

x

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Honestly Sophie is was so good. I will make you some the next time you come to stay :) x

      Delete