Monday 6 October 2014

Awesome Of The Week: New Bracelet/Necklace.

 This was given to me by my Grandma as for a long while she has been looking for something as a keep sake for me, something that belonged to my Grandad.

He passed away about 6 years ago now and since then I have wanted something of his to have as a little reminder of him. He was a huge part of my life and my family so losing him was a big blow to everyone.

As you can see from the photo this is actually a mans bracelet and as there is no way to make it smaller it is masses too big for my wrists so my nifty little brain came up with a plan to be able to wear it as a necklace. Simply threading an old chord necklace through the two ends and voila!

I am hoping to change the clasp and keep it as a bracelet as it is kind of chunky as a necklace.

The inscription on the plate reads B. Webb (Barry Webb) on one side and "All my love Joan" on the back - Joan being my Grandma, along with the date it was given to him which happened to be his 21st birthday.

 I think it absolutely vital to keep the memory of those that mean the most to us alive once they have gone.

I refuse to let my Grandad be forgotten and I will cherish this for myself and know that he is never really gone as long as I keep talking and thinking about him.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment