Tuesday 19 August 2014

Songs That Make Me Feel Powerful.

Sometimes it's not so easy to remember the simple things that can have a huge impact. For me it's certain songs, I mean I always appreciate music and the effect it can have on anyone's mentality but I am thinking more of specific songs that you under appreciate.
So I have taken it upon myself to list my personal under appreciated songs in hopes that it will not only leave me with a number of songs that are empowering to me but perhaps will encourage others to see a potential they had forgotten. So here are my top 10 (in no particular order) forgotten gems for when I want to feel mighty.

1. Welcome To My Truth - Anastacia

2. Almost There - Princess and The Frog

There are so many Disney songs that I could list but wanted to just pick one that is perhaps less obvious then say Let It Go from Frozen!

3. I've got all this ringing in my ears and none on my fingers - Fall Out Boy 

Might seem a strange one but for some reason belting this out feels great!

4. If It Makes You Happy - Sheryl Crow


5. Still a Weirdo - KT Tunstall 

This one is empowering because it just makes me feel even more me - yeah that definitely makes sense...shut up.

6. Defying Gravity - Idina Menzel/Kristen Chenoweth

Yes a somewhat obvious choice but hell is it the best for making you feel like a super hero.

7. Show Me Heaven - Maria McKee 

You'll feel strong and kinda sexy.

8. Fuckin Perfect - P!nk 

Um duh.

9. Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield 

Embrace your uniqueness.

10. Lastly an interchangeable one - Theme Song to your current favourite TV show e.g Orange is The New Black!

I hope this gave some inspiration and encouragement to grab your hairbrush and enjoy!!


Sara 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment